2023 Behavioral Health Diagnosis Code Changes
Diagnosis coding for calendar year 2023 includes specific updates for reporting behavior health conditions. The webinar will cover several guideline updates for reporting mental and behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance abuse. The vascular dementia section contains a number of new and/or revised codes that will include levels of dementia severity and disturbances.
Fiscal year 2023 will contain some new codes related to substance abuse and new codes for prolonged grief disorder and other reactions to stress.
Our expert speaker will review each of these areas of change expected documentation for correct reporting.
- Provide clarification about vascular dementia codes including associated disturbances
- Separate codes for mild, moderate or severe vascular dementia
- Dementia in other diseases classified elsewhere with aggressive, combative or violent behavior
- Other mental disorders due to known physiological conditions
- Substance abuse disorders in remission
- New codes for prolonged grief disorder and other reactions to severe stress
- Updated guideline for mental and behavioral disorders due to psychoactive substance abuse
- Discussion of multiple new and/or revised vascular dementia reporting with associated conditions
- New code for prolonged grief and other reactions to stress
- Review of new guideline for reporting behavioral health.
- Review additions and changes to vascular dementia severity with specific related disorders
- Review new non-vascular related dementia severity with specific related disorders
- Review of new substance related disorders
- Review of new prolonged grief disorder reporting
Who Should Attend
- Mental Health Professionals
- Billing and Coding Staff
- Compliance Staff
- Risk Management
- Social Workers
- Practice Managers
- Clinical Documentation
|Aug 25, 2022||Human Trafficking: An Increasing Public Health & Legal Concern||60 Mins||$199.00|