Auditing Records With New 2021 Evaluation And Management Rules
The American Medical Association (AMA) and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) implemented changes to Evaluation and Management (E/M) services for office or other outpatient E/M (99201-99215) CMS launched the Patients over Paperwork initiative in 2017 to reduce documentation overall and provide more time with patients. As of Jan 1, 2021, providers will select E/M services based on the level of the medical decision making as defined for each service or total time spent on the date of the encounter.
This change left providers confused with how to properly report their visits with patients. There is so much information being provided via email and the internet, but much is contradictory to each other. This webinar will break down the new guidelines in a way that Providers and their staff can understand and implement MUCH needed auditing within their workflow to ensure they are reporting appropriate coding.
Self-auditing is the best way to protect your practice from RAC and commercial payer audits. Join this webinar by expert speaker Stephanie Thomas and be sure all your clinical and billing staff join this session to learn all the ins and outs of the new regulations.
- Know the basics of the E&M 2021 changes
- Time vs complexity
- Change is verbiage of code description.
- Prolonged service changes
- Table of Risk explained, with real world examples
- What to watch for in documentation audits
- Use your EMR/EHR to your advantage. Update your templates for new rules
- How to effectively educate providers
- Common Q&A answered
- Understanding the new definitions and comparison to previous rules. Why the changes happened and how we use this to our advantage.
- MDM TABLE: There is much confusion on the “Data to be reviewed and Analyzed” -this will be covered in depth, included who can be considered an “independent historian”
- Drug therapy monitoring-what is included in this section of the risk table.
- Total time for code selection-face-to-face time vs non-face-to-face time
- Better documentation
- More time for patient care, less need for charting for hours
- More appropriate reporting of E&M CPT ® codes
- Workflow to audit to assure compliance within practice.
- Training for all staff involved (all who join session)
Who Should Attend
- Medical office staff
- Office managers
- Preauthorization staff
- Billing staff
- Billing managers
- Front desk staff
- Medical assistants
|Dec 14, 2021||Telehealth Updates for 2022||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Nov 23, 2021||Payer updates, Are you ready for 2022?||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Sep 14, 2021||Submitting A Bulletproof Claim||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Aug 19, 2021||How to write an effective appeal letter and follow up for success||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Jun 22, 2021||How To Get Payers To Approve Authorization Requests Quick!||60 Mins||$199.00|
|May 06, 2021||Modifier Review, Be Sure You Are Not Setting Yourself Up for Audits||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Apr 15, 2021||Out of Network-how to get pre authorizations or referrals to protect your bottom line||60 Mins||$199.00|