Crucial and Compliant Coding of COVID Cases
The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) has hit the world hard in the past two years. This pandemic cost an astounding number of lives lost all over the world. In the United States alone, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported over 33 million COVID-19 cases since January 2020 with 600,000 resulting in deaths.
As COVID-19 cases surged, healthcare organizations overflowed with patients pushing many hospitals to the brink of catastrophe seeing historic stress points. The arising challenges from the pandemic impacted every aspect of medical coding, billing, and auditing. New ICD-10 codes were created, guidelines were updated, and compliance practices were closely monitored.
Join us in this webinar as our expert speaker Victoria M. Hernandez will dive into the world of COVID-19 coding and compliance. This webinar will provide you a one-stop-shop on COVID’s background, statistics, guidelines updates, and coding best practices. We will perform hands-on coding on challenging COVID-19 case scenarios while demonstrating strong compliance practices.
- Review background and statistics of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Understand coding guidelines and updates on COVID-19
- Identify best practices on coding COVID-19 cases
- Perform hands-on coding on challenging COVID-19 practice case scenarios.
Questions and Answers (Q&A with industry professionals)
- Background of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus Statistics
- Overview of ICD-10-CM Coding Updates on COVID-19
- COVID Coding and Auditing References/Resources
- Review COVID-19 Practice Case Scenarios
- Factors to Consider.
- Identify Challenges
- This presentation will cover the background, statistics and complications related to COVID-19. Knowing and staying informed is critical to how we apply our references and guideline updates for accurate code assignment.
- It is integral for every facility to demonstrate strong and consistent compliance efforts when reporting COVID-19 cases. This session will focus on best practices applicable to COVID-19 coding and auditing.
- This presentation will cover coding guideline updates and references applicable to COVID-19.
- We will review cases, perform hands-on coding on challenging COVID-19 case scenarios and identify key areas where coding errors may be prevented.
- All attendees will receive the cumulative ICD-10 Coding Updates on COVID-19 (from March 2020 – March 2021)
Who Should Attend
- Hospital Coding Staff
- Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Management and Staff
- Reimbursement Specialists
- Coding Auditors and Educators
- HIM Coding Supervisors, Managers and Directors
Victoria M. Hernandez
|Dec 04, 2020||Diminish Injections and Infusions Coding Dilemma||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Oct 22, 2020||CMS Guidelines on HCC Coding, Auditing and Regulatory Requirements||60 Mins||$199.00|