Medicare Updates for 2022
Each year CMS/Medicare releases a Proposed Rule for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule mid-year outlining changes it is proposing for the following year and beyond. This is for services that are connected with the Physician Fee Schedule for Medicare (the 30+ column excel spreadsheet of CPT codes that lists RVU’s). In the late fall, after soliciting and considering comments from shareholders, a final rule is released. This webinar is based on the official final rule. Additional information is gleaned from the many pages of comments from shareholders and the subsequent discussion by CMS/Medicare in addressing the questions. If you have questions regarding a particular code or series of codes, check out
For the most part, the finalized rules are effective January 1 of the upcoming year, in this case, 2022. But sometimes the implementation is delayed or is over a period of time. One needs to pay attention to the date the new or changed rule was enacted.
The extension of codes and the restrictions within that particular code set so participants are prepared for January 2022. For example:
- Split Shared Visits – how is this concept used with the new guidelines for Office and Other Outpatient services in 2022 AND in other locations. Additionally, what is the definition of Substantive and why do you need to understand it?
- When has Medicare declared the PHE is over?
- What is the fate of Telehealth visits for Medicare patients after the PHE is declared over
- What are the new services added to the list of eligible codes for telehealth?
- What is the rule for 2022 regarding Time and selecting a level of service for Teaching Physicians?
- What changes have occurred to the payment model for direct care provided by Physician Assistants?
- Overview of changes to services furnished during the same clinical encounter as certain colorectal cancer screening tests
- Organizational changes to Physician Assistant’s services
- The fate of Audio only calls after PHE is over
- Defining Appropriate Use Criteria for advanced diagnostic imaging and what it means to your practice
- Discussion of the eligibility of patients, post COVID-19, with respiratory issues and their eligibility for Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Updates to the requirement for electronic prescribing for controlled substances
Who Should Attend
Jill M. Young
|Sep 13, 2022||2023 ICD-10-CM Updates||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Apr 21, 2022||Clinical Plagiarism – Is Your Provider’s Documentation Putting Your Practice at Risk?||60 Mins||$149.00|
|Mar 15, 2022||Billing for Physician Assistants in 2022 – During the PHE and with Updated Medicare Guidelines and New Split Shared Guidelines||90 Mins||$149.00|
|Feb 01, 2022||Billing for Nurse Practitioners in 2022 – During the PHE and with New Split Shared Guidelines||120 Mins||$149.00|
|Jan 10, 2022||Billing for NPP (Nurse Practitioners & Physician Assistants) in 2022||180 Mins||$199.00|
|Dec 02, 2021||CPT Coding Updates for 2022||60 Mins||$19.99|
|Oct 19, 2021||2022 ICD 10 CM Diagnostic Coding Updates||60 Mins||$199.00|