Pre-Authorization Updates for 2022
Pre authorizations are one of the most important aspects of medical practice. If you are seeing patients out of network, even more so! Commonly health care providers and practices are scrambling to find a balance between time for patient care and the increasing administrative burden of prior authorizations and denials. On average, 14.6 hours per week is spent on pre-authorizations and UM (utilization management), totaling more than $68,000 per year, per practice. Let us show you how to simplify this process and save valuable time for your staff and practice.
Ever-changing guidelines and regulations make this process frustrating and seem impossible for some practices to get it right. There is hope!
Some of the major insurance companies have very specific policies, being educated and confident of this upfront will significantly increase your success rate. The provider cannot allow payers to determine how patients are treated, this webinar will allow your practice to take back that power and get authorizations and referrals upon the first submission. Our expert speaker Stephanie Thomas will show your team tips on how to identify where to find payer-specific guidelines and what to provide in requests to get better results from their hard work!
Make sure your entire care team attends this highly informative webinar, this will protect your bottom line.
- Payer changes-How to learn about these changes and implement them into the business
- How to understand these policies and read between the lines of the changes
- Denied auths-Identify trends quickly and implement changes to avoid future issues
- Appealing denied auths-what to include to increase chances for success
- Team meetings-the importance of groups coming together to discuss their roles and how to further improve processes
Changes in policies across all major payers will be discussed. We will discuss how to be notified of these changes as well as how to locate these changes proactively. These changes can be hard to implement across a medical practice and often things get missed, especially early in the year. We will go over how to deal with these issues and ways to identify trends and streamline internal processes to improve your pre-auth process and protect your bottom line.
- Payer Changes, be proactive!
- Policies/Guidelines, what do they mean?
- How to handle denied authorizations due to changes
- Appeal follow up for success
- Identify issues within your practice early
- Providing what the payer is looking for in an authorization
- Time management, be more effective
- Internal processes to make your life easier
- Payer goals (aka making your life harder) and how to avoid their efforts
- Pros and Cons of outsourcing this process
Who Should Attend
- Medical office staff
- Office managers
- Pre-authorization staff
- Billing staff
- Billing managers
- Front desk staff
- Medical assistants
|Dec 14, 2021||Telehealth Updates for 2022||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Nov 23, 2021||Payer updates, Are you ready for 2022?||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Sep 14, 2021||Submitting A Bulletproof Claim||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Aug 19, 2021||How to write an effective appeal letter and follow up for success||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Jul 15, 2021||Auditing Records With New 2021 Evaluation And Management Rules||60 Mins||$199.00|
|Jun 22, 2021||How To Get Payers To Approve Authorization Requests Quick!||60 Mins||$199.00|
|May 06, 2021||Modifier Review, Be Sure You Are Not Setting Yourself Up for Audits||60 Mins||$199.00|